Sun, May 12|
Meetup: Dead Mom Gang
Time & Location
May 12, 2024, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
Toronto, 375 Mt Pleasant Rd, Toronto, ON M4T 2V8, Canada
About the Event
WELCOME TO THE CLUB
When you think of clubs, you probably think of sports teams, public speaking groups, or volunteer community groups – the kind you willingly sign up for, the fun ones. Unfortunately, if you're reading this, you likely find yourself in a club you had no choice in joining – welcome to the Dead Moms Club. While it's not a membership anyone willingly embraces, we want you to know that you're not alone. It's a tough club to be in, and we're navigating it together.
As Mother's Day approaches, we understand the challenges it poses for those without moms. Maria, Philotimo Life's founder, understands these challenges intimately. As a result, we recognize the healing power of support, a comforting hug, and a compassionate ear during this time. That's why we're extending a heartfelt invitation to you for our Philotimo Life meetup, specially created for members of the Dead Moms Club.
Join us at Mount Pleasant Cemetery (at the south side entrance) on May 12 for a stroll through the grounds. As we're brought together over the unfortunate club that bonds us, we hope to provide a safe and supportive space. For those comfortable, please consider the following:
- Bring photos of your mom that you'd like to share
- Bring items (clothing, jewelry, vases, pens, etc) that either remind you of your mom, or represent a story about her that you'd like to share
- Bring her favourite snack or drink she enjoyed to share with others
There is no formal agenda. This is just a space to support one another wherever we are in our grief journey.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
We want to ensure that everyone feels safe and secure during their time during this meetup. As we are a community that is founded on trust and respect, we want to remind those who join of the following:
- This is not a group counselling or therapy session.
- There will not be any mental health professionals available during the meetup.
- We ask that everyone respects everyone else's privacy.
- Do not divulge the personal information of other attendees.
- Everyone's lived experiences are different. We welcome everyone to share their thoughts and perspectives and expect them to be respected
We look forward to meeting you 💖